Sunday 9 March 2008

Houston, we have a problem

So, this morning at about 2am, I dreamed that I was chewing a piece of gorgeous French bread. It did occur to me that it wasn't the wisest thing to be eating in my current condition, and I wasn't doing amazingly well at chewing it, but this didn't put me off. I chewed at it for a while and swallowed it pretty much whole, where it made its slightly uncomfortable way down my gullet. I then found that I had another piece in my mouth, and started chewing that too. Then I woke up, and realised that I was chewing one of my gauze pads, and that the other one was halfway down to my stomach.

At the moment, I'm waiting for NHS Direct to call me back. I suspect that ingestion of a gauze pad is either massively serious or not serious at all, and I've no idea which. But if I die from this, I'm pretty sure I'll get a Darwin Award.

At least I've found out that I'm no longer in pain without the gauze pads.

2 comments:

Nabeela said...

I'm so sorry but I laughed for a full five minutes reading this. I recently had two wisdom teeth extracted as well(which didn't go over very well, since I'm still numb six days in), but this made me cheer up.
Thanks for the laugh :-)

Charles C Hagaman said...

Learn everything you need to know about Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw. If you are suffering from Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw, then this guide will help you overcome the jaw pain by recommending you various tips & remedies that are helpful in Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw wisdom tooth extraction