Thursday 13 March 2008

Day 6

The pain in my gums is driving me MENTAL. It's not that it's particularly painful exactly, it's just that I have this almost uncontrollable urge to bite down on them. I feel as if I'm teething. I feel like what I really need is one of those chewy rings you give to teething babies. Of course, this would be a Very Bad Idea, and I am using every ounce of self control not to disturb my sore gums at all, and definitely not to bite things really hard with them.

I'm still talking as if I have a severe speech impediment, or some kind of mental disability. I took a phone call from a concerned friend yesterday evening, which went something like this:

Tom: Hi, I just wondered how you were?
Me: Nngnnnnrrrrrggghghhh
Tom: I heard they had to break your jaw!
Me: Mmmmyyyyaaaggggggggghhhh
Tom: Yikes! Is there anything you need?
Me: Nnnnnnneenenennnnrrrrghghghh


I think I'm going to stay off work till Monday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My daughter had tooth extraction because of a cavity build-up. She has great fear of dentists, that's why I had a hard time to convince her to visit a dentist. Her uncle Sam referred his trusted Knoxville pediatric dentist, because his children liked this dentist. It took a long time to convince my daughter to go to the dentist. When we arrived at the dental clinic, his dentist chatted and entertained her first. Then, he began to check her teeth. After the dental operation, my kid learned not to fear dentists. Also here in Knoxville, orthodontics is always done professionally.

Unknown said...

Haha very funny, hope you are doing fine now.
Before my surgery I got help by reading on Wisdom teeth removal recovery