Sunday 16 March 2008

Day 9

It's over a week since the op and I'm now just beginning to feel normal again. Well, as normal as I ever am anyway. Normal is a highly relative term.

My jaw is still all achy and I still can't run or jump because the vibrations are painful, but it's getting better. I can now chew with my front teeth, but it's far too unseemly to do so outside the comfort of my own home. The stitches have shown no signs of dissolving, but it's early days yet. I might need to go back to the dentists to have them taken out though as the last time I had "dissolvable" stitches, they were still very much solid after two months and I took them out myself with a Swiss army knife (don't try this at home kids). I can now get my tongue round to the back of my mouth, where the extraction sites feel all gross and mushy. Eww.

Thanks to the fact that I can now chew, and the fact that I am a phenomenally greedy person, I have gained back most of the weight I lost, which for some reason has decided to settle on my abdomen as a mini beer belly. This does not greatly concern me as I'm sure it will even itself out when I get back to my usual level of activity. I am going back to taekwondo on Tuesday but will break myself in very gently and probably sit most of it out. I definitely won't be sparring for a few weeks. I am also going riding next weekend...if I can fit my newly-acquired beer belly into my jodhpurs!

This is what I look like now:



Much better. I no longer look like a victim of domestic violence, which is a great improvement. You never know, I might be able to walk down the street now without small children screaming and running away from me. It's a crazy dream, I know...

13 comments:

Michael R said...

Hello!! I would like to thank you in giving me your story about your wisdom tooth. I had mine removed on friday and your blogs were lots of support. I didnt worry so much reading about your experience. On day 4 I was going nuts and I typed in Wisdom Teeth day 4 on google and it linked to this and I followed it. Now im on day 7 and almost at 100 percent.
Thank you Aggy T

Unknown said...

Hi, Aggy! I'm scheduled for a wisdom tooth extraction next week. I honestly feel nervous and scared just thinking about it - the tray and the dentist's chair and all - but my friendly dentist in Hixson has assured me that there is nothing to be scared of. Reading your post is a good reference for what I will be going through after the extraction. Anyway, the Hixson dentists are known for their skills and quality treatment so I shouldn't be scared at all.
Anyhow, hope you feel better soon! Thanks for sharing your experiences and showing support!

Fil said...

I don't know if you check this anymore... But I liked reading about your 'journey'! I'm on day 9 myself. If i'd have known it would be such a mission, i'd have had my teeth knocked out at birth! Yes, that doesn't make sense.

Unknown said...

Thanks for making this blog and sharing your experience! I am getting my wisdom teeth removed in Prince George. I must say that I am pretty excited!

Unknown said...

Omg i had mine out about 2 months ago and it hurt at first but the main thing was that it made me feel like shit with tons of mood swings for like a week. it was about 2 weeks before i could chew

Click Here

Unknown said...

Would you recommend doing wisdom teeth removal in Prince George? I mean, if you had to get your wisdom teeth out again, would you?

Unknown said...

Tooth extractions in St Albert is done in most extreme and necessary cases. we may extract a tooth in preparation for a restorative dentistry procedure. For few day it will feel pain and swelling.

Jack George said...

Many thanks to you for sharing your experience with others, it will definitely helpful. Many people are scared of oral surgeries.

Dental Implants in Saskatoon

Unknown said...

One of the best hamilton dental implants recommends absolute conscious regarding any dental problems. Better be safe than regret.

Unknown said...

Thank you for blogging your story Aggy. I'm going to be heading to the dentist later this week to get some teeth pulled and I'm so nervous. I've never had a dental surgery before so I'm not at all sure what to expect. You look a lot better in the picture here than in your older posts. By the way I am digging that shirt.

http://www.alldentdental.net/extractions/

Unknown said...

I am glad that you talked about your experience with going back to eating normal foods because I can definitely relate. It took me longer than was average to recover from my surgery, but I was lucky enough to not get an infection. I was very careful to clean out the empty sockets, which was disgusting! Fortunately, the surgeon did an excellent job with taking care of me.
http://www.oralsurgeryvirginia.com

Charles C Hagaman said...

Learn everything you need to know about Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw. If you are suffering from Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw, then this guide will help you overcome the jaw pain by recommending you various tips & remedies that are helpful in Wisdom Tooth Pain in Jaw Wisdom tooth pain

c said...

thanks for positing this it helps dentist northeast philadelphia understand patients better