Tuesday 11 March 2008

Day 4

Hooray! I am now gauze-free!

You know, I thought that the low point of my life had been on Saturday, drugged up to the eyeballs with two open fractures in my jaw, but no, it was this morning. It doesn't get much worse than leaning over a toilet bowl, still looking and feeling as if you've done ten rounds with Mike Tyson, poking at your own bowel movements with an old toothbrush. I was rather pleased when I finally confirmed that the whitish lumpy bit was in fact the offending foreign body that I'd ingested a couple of nights previously, firstly because it means that I am not going to require nasty surgery, and secondly because it means that I will never again have to dissect poo.

Feeling ok this morning apart from that. Still have that strange pain in my left side though, which is really weird but I don't think it's serious. I think I can open my mouth a bit further today but I'm not sure. More than anything else I'm just feeling really run down and sleepy, and of course achy in my jaw. I'm normally a really active person and can't sit still for five minutes, but all I want to do at the moment is sleep for 12 hours a day and spend the rest of the time watching Friends repeats on E4. My lovely boss has got herself a temp until Wednesday so I don't have to think about going back to work until the end of the week, but I haven't decided yet if I'm feeling brave enough to go back on Thursday or if I want to take the whole week off.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is really great to see that only four days after getting your wisdom teeth removed that you no long have to have gauze in your mouth for the blood. Plus, from the pictures it looks like you didn't have much swelling at all either. That is really great that everything went over as well as it did.
Jak Manson | http://www.cherrycreekoralsurgery.com

james brown said...

Your website is really cool and this is a inspiring article. Thank you so much.

wisdom tooth extraction