Sunday 9 March 2008

Day 2: 19:52

I am quite worried by the fact that every time I have gone through the routine of rinsing the extraction sites with salt water, I have lost some blood from the right side. It doesn't concern me if I'm still bleeding a bit, but if the blood clots are disintegrating, I am in Big Trouble.

Pain not too bad today, although I was a bit late taking a dose of painkillers and regretted it. With the painkillers I'm doing fine. I still haven't got used to the gross sensation of my cheeks being sucked into the sockets every time I swallow. I'm really worried that the suction is going to pull out the blood clots.

I have been eating today, not a lot, but I've been eating. I made some mashed potato with cheese earlier, which was just beautiful.

This is what I look like today:



Much better today. Incidentally, I think you can just about make out my hip bones in this photo. I have got scarily thin over the last three weeks.

2 comments:

Timothy Eastwood said...

Aggy, I'm glad that you're able to eat without much discomfort after the extraction. The fact that you cannot eat that much can be attributed to the pain that you felt these past few days.

In places like Goose Creek, dentists do complicated procedures like wisdom tooth extraction. The dentists (Goose Creek) would also recommend ways that would help their patient feel better after the procedure.

Hope the hollow would heal real soon. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Being able to eat this soon after is very impressive. My son is getting his extracted in a week or so, and I am worried about the pain. He is a tough kid, but I still don't want to see him in any pain. It sounds like if we stay on top of his pain killers, it shouldn't be too bad.

http://www.implantoralsurgeons.com/procedures/wisdom-teeth.asp